Taste of Home
- 2-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 3-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmet
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 cup oragne juice
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons orange zest
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 large apple, peeled and chopped
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, white sugars, brown sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- 2. Whisk the egg, milk, orange juice, oil and orange zest; stir into dry ingredients just until blended.
- 3. Fold in the cranberries and apple.
- 4. Pour into 2 greased 8x4 inch loaf pans and bake at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- 5. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to a wire rack.